How to Eliminate Odors After a Fire Damage Incident in Chicago
SERVPRO Neutralizes Odors during Fire-Damage Restoration in Chicago
Professional fire damage restoration services can help you overcome the overwhelming experience after the incident. Though the visible signs of the fire, such as smoke and flames, may no longer be there, the lingering odors may still be hard to eliminate. Our technicians have experience from previous incidents and use the proper techniques to neutralize them.
SERVPRO's fire damage restoration services in Chicago can return your property to its former state. Since we have been there before, we know where odors hide after a fire. Such areas include:
- HVAC system: Soot and smoke can move along the ductwork and remain in the system. If that happens, it is easy for the odors to spread throughout the building.
- Wall cavities: soot and smoke can penetrate the walls and cause odors.
- Porous surfaces: Porous materials such as carpets and fabrics can absorb smoke soot and cause lingering odors.
- Attics and crawl spaces can develop lingering odors after getting contaminated with soot and smoke.
Though some people decide to use fragrance to combat odors, it may fail to provide a long-lasting solution. When our SERVPRO technicians visit your property, we use various techniques to eliminate the odor. Some of the methods we use are:
- Ozone generators: They produce ozone which is effective at breaking odor-causing molecules. We use the method to target odors coming from crawl spaces and attics.
- Thermal fogging: Heat vaporizes a deodorizing agent in this technique, which consequently neutralizes odors. We use it to target odors existing on porous surfaces.
- Hydroxyl generators: Produce hydroxyl radicals that break down and neutralize odor-causing molecules, mostly in walls cavities and HVAC systems.
- Air scrubber: They have HEPA filters that trade odors and particles from the air. We use them in conjunction with other methods when eliminating odors.
Odor removal is a complex process since the resulting soot and smoke may have come from the combustion of different materials. However, our team is patient enough to work with you until we find the right solution.
SERVPRO of Evergreen Park / South Chicago City is a Downtown Chicago Licensed Operator with the knowledge, tools, and experience to handle all aspects of fire damage restoration. Call us at (773) 337-3900 and let us make it "Like it never even happened."